How is your gut health?
Did you know there are billions of beneficial bacteria living within us? Bacteria is what makes up our microbiome-an integral part of our internal ecosystem that benefits our gut health and immune function. Your microbiome is home to trillions of microbes, which are diverse organisms that help govern nearly every function of the human body in some way.
Candida is a yeast that naturally lives in the skin and in the body. Healthy levels in the body aid with nutrient absorption and digestion. When the harmful bacteria outnumber the good bacteria, issues can develop-like Candidiasis. Candida overgrowth can arise from a number of reasons–> Poor diet, antibiotics, alcohol consumption, hormone imbalance, digestive problems, stress, mold, etc.
Here are some symptoms of Candida overgrowth:
- Cravings for sweets
- Bad breath
- White coating on tongue
- Brain fog
- Hormone imbalance
- Joint pain
- Loss of sex drive
- Eczema, psoriasis, or other skin infections
- Chronic sinus and allergy issues
- Digestive problems
- Weak immune system
- Chronic yeast infections
Because these symptoms are common to other conditions, candidiasis may be overlooked as a condition. Think you may have an issue? Definitely speak with your doctor first, but also plan to rid your body of excess candida. The goal would be to eliminate foods which feed the candida and encourage it to flourish in your body.
The top offenders:
- White flour
You will want your diet to be centered on vegetables, high-quality protein, and gluten-free grains like brown rice and millet. Avoid starchy foods like potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, yams, beets, peas, and parsnips.
You also need to boost your immune system with a daily intake of–>
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- The acid and enzymes in apple cider vinegar help to kill and remove excess yeast in the body
- Fermented Foods
- Fermented foods like sauerkraut and kimchi contain microflora that helps protect the intestines. Regular consumption can help improve the immune system, making the body less hospitable for candida.
- Green Veggies
- Leafy green vegetables help alkalize the body, which fights against the acidic nature of yeast overgrowth.
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties to kill off harmful candida.
- Raw garlic benefits the fight against candida specifically.
- Ground Flaxseeds & Chia Seeds
- Polyphenols found in flaxseeds and chia seeds support the growth of probiotics in the gut and may also help eliminate yeast and candida in the body.
- Cultured Dairy
- Cultured dairy such as kefir provides healthy probiotics to kill the candida in your system and increase the healthy flora.
Try incorporating these foods into your diet regularly. You can seek assistance from your Doctor for accurate testing and supplement recommendations. Our Providers are experts in Candida detox, so call our office today!
Want more information? get in touch with us.