GET THE TOOLS, COACHING AND ACCOUNTABILITY YOU NEED TO SUCCEED WITH YOUR WEIGHT-LOSS AND HEALTH GOALS! With the end of the year nearly here and new-year’s resolutions around the corner, this is the perfect time to plan how you’ll keep your health and well-being on track! We are hosting our annual Total Body Detox […]
This is the first of a series regarding immune system boosters. With all the recent news concerning the pandemic and the annual flu, a quick reminder of supplements will encourage all of us! The usual rhetoric continues to stress hand washing, mask wearing, and social distancing. However, once someone has been diagnosed with a […]
Fasting for Better Health and Metabolic Reset Fasting has received all kinds of attention in the media these days. In 2019, it was one of the most searched for diet terms on Google, and many weight loss experts are touting the benefits of fasting to the public. Our practice supports fasting because it […]
How is your gut health? Did you know there are billions of beneficial bacteria living within us? Bacteria is what makes up our microbiome-an integral part of our internal ecosystem that benefits our gut health and immune function. Your microbiome is home to trillions of microbes, which are diverse organisms that help govern nearly every […]
What is your relationship with sugar like? Do you always say YES to cake at parties and YES to chocolate for dessert? Our bodies need sugar- but we are eating excessive amounts in America- to the point it is hurting our health. Have you picked up a 7 year old lately? That’s how […]
The American Heart Association, as well as the 2010 dietary guidelines from the U.S. Government, both advise eating eight ounces of seafood, or two seafood meals a week, particularly because of their “heart healthy” omega-3 levels. However, U.S. consumers are often given inadequate, confusing or misleading information about the fish they are actually buying.
It’s a fact: Americans love eating out. But dining out will make you fat and very unhealthy! Read this eye-opening article about food loaded with hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides.
Recently on his daily television show, Dr. Oz discussed IV nutrition therapy. I was very disappointed when Dr. Oz questioned the validity, benefit, and safety of this invaluable therapy. He had a guest physician on his show to defend IV therapies, but his guest talked in generalizations with no specifics and no scientific data. Dr. Oz’s conclusion […]
After the holidays, most of us like to start anew by establishing health and wellness goals for the New Year. A few important questions to answer after you’ve established your goals are…
Winter is full of fruits and veggies that are loaded with vitamin C to ward off colds and the flu. Fill up on your vegetables for meals and have oranges, mandarins, clementines and grapefruit for dessert.
Water is an essential part of the human body. There isn’t a single bodily function – seeing, hearing, thinking, exercising, singing, and even laughing – that does not rely on water. Here are 10 tips on how to increase your water intake.
If you have not been committed to healthy eating, a lifestyle change is needed and foundational in improving your body’s ability to remove toxins. You can start today by making healthier decisions about what you eat.
Last weekend, I needed to find some specific items in my garage. I soon became overwhelmed with all the stuff I had to pick through before I found what I was looking for!
Spring cleaning was more intense than I had anticipated. However, after organizing and “detoxing” this vital area, I began to appreciate the many functions of my garage! As I threw away the last bag of debris, I realized that our bodies also need a thorough review and cleansing. Many times, vague symptoms such as fatigue, apathy, muscle pain, insomnia, and irritable bowel issues need more than a quick fix. Antidepressants and laxatives may initially soothe our symptoms, but they don’t heal our bodies.
A better approach is to assess the situation by getting to the root cause. A unique test at Forum Health Knoxville measures energy production, metabolism, B vitamins, small intestine bacterial overgrowth, ability to detoxify, and markers for emotional and behavioral problems.
The creation of the Infrared sauna has completely transformed the meaning of the word “sauna.” An Infrared sauna offers 7 times the effectiveness of a traditional sauna because of its ability to penetrate human tissue.
At Forum Health Knoxville, we know wellness is not about taking a prescription medication to control a symptom. True wellness is the result of balancing five key points: nutrition, exercise, hormone balance, inflammation reduction and detoxification. At Forum Health Knoxville we address each of the five points of wellness to help you achieve not only weight loss goals, but more importantly your health and wellness goals.
Sunlighten Saunas use infrared heat rays instead of steam, as is used in traditional saunas. Infrared gently heats the body from within instead of heating the air. It has the ability to penetrate the surface of the skin, which gives your body overall radiant warmth. Traditional heaters only heat the air, which can become extremely hot and uncomfortable in which to breathe.
Here are my top five suggestions for the pursuit of wellness.
1. Evaluate Your Diet. Do you make good food choices? Are you overweight? The latest statistics indicate that 58 million Americans are overweight, 40 million are obese, and 4 million are morbidly obese. The vast majority of illness is caused or complicated by being overweight.
2. Evaluate Your Activity. Do you exercise? Small choices add up to increased physical activity, So park further from the grocery store entry and WALK. Take the stairs. Stop working at the computer for 5 minutes and do 50 situps.
3. Have A Wellness Checkup at Seasons of Farragut. The Seasons approach to wellness is centered around balance and prevention. A few medical tests will reveal where your body is deficient. A wellness regimen tailored to YOUR body will relieve hot flashes, sleep difficulties, mood swings and even weight gain.
4. Make Sure You’re Getting Enough Vitamin D. Studies indicate the importance of Vitamin D in disease prevention. The level of cold and flu increases in the winter largely due to the decrease of Vitamin D in our system. Medical research even suggests that Vitamin D is the BEST prevention for flu–even better than the vaccine. At Seasons, we evaluate your Vitamin D levels and offer medical-grade Vitamin D supplements in capsules, drops, and even injections, if needed.
5. Decrease Stress. Stress is the enemy. Don’t spread yourself too thin. Take time to smell the flowers. Find a de-stresser that works for you, whether it’s weekly Bible Study, a good book, or coloring with your kids.